Mylan Specialty, a subsidiary of Mylan Inc. (NASDAQ: MYL), is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of prescription drug products for the treatment of respiratory diseases, life-threatening allergic reactions and psychiatric disorders.
Mylan Specialty has a long history of providing high quality drug products and has enjoyed significant growth in sales, manufacturing capacity and personnel.
The company markets its products in the U.S. through a dedicated sales force that sells to office-based physicians, hospitals and distribution chain organizations. Mylan Specialty markets its products outside the U.S. through a network of distributors, some of which are Mylan Specialty affiliates.
Mylan Specialty facilities are located in New Jersey and California.
Founded as Dey Laboratories in 1978 as a generic drug manufacturer, the company began to develop a portfolio of airway and allergy medications. Ten years later, Dey Laboratories became a subsidiary of Lipha S.A. (Lyon, France), and in 1991, Merck KGaA (Darmstadt, Germany) acquired a majority share of Lipha S.A. Eventually, Dey Laboratories evolved into Dey.
In 2007, Mylan acquired Merck KGaA's generics business and Dey became part of the Mylan family. On Sept. 10, 2009, Dey, L.P. changed its legal name to Dey Pharma, L.P.
On March 14, 2012, Dey Pharma, L.P. completed its name change to Mylan Specialty L.P.
Mylan Specialty Core Competencies
- Leadership position in U.S. nebulized respiratory market and worldwide life-threatening allergy, anesthesia and psychiatric markets
- Demonstrated ability to successfully market and grow branded products
- Proven ability to understand market needs
- Experienced sales force focused on speciality products
- High quality standards
- Ability to develop new formulations of existing molecules and secure IP protection
- State-of-the-art unit-dose Form Fill Seal manufacturing
- Experienced management team